MSF Scientific Days bring together researchers, practitioners, academics and patient representatives to catalyse improvements in the quality of care provided to patients and communities at risk.
By supporting research and innovation in our projects, MSF aims to improve outcomes, find efficiencies and create a culture of best practice, constantly improving the standards of care provided to our patients.
MSF Scientific Days 2021
MSF Scientific Days International 2021 are now over, but it is still possible to view lots of the conference content. Check the event agenda and then select 18 May, 19 May or 20 May to view any of the sessions from that day. You can also still view all of the medical research posters from MSF Scientific Days International below.
The following are posters exhibited at MSF Scientific Days International 2021. Click each title to view.
- Poster 1: Evaluation of an outcome measure for patients in humanitarian settings after trauma: the Activity Independence Measure-Trauma (AIM-T)
- Poster 2: Patient characteristics and treatment outcomes from MSF’s cutaneous leishmaniasis programme in Pakistan: retrospective cohort
- Poster 3: Development of a predictor risk score for identifying patients at risk of acute HIV infection
- Poster 4: Using mid-upper arm circumference as the sole anthropometric criterion for admission and discharge during outpatient treatment for severe acute malnutrition: operational experience from Niger
- Poster 5: Outcomes and effectiveness of antivenom treatments in snakebite patients in north-west Ethiopia: retrospective cohort
- Poster 6: Evaluation of MSF’s telemedicine pilot project in Madaoua, Niger: qualitative study
- Poster 7: A common agenda: experiences of involving patients and carers in setting research agendas for tuberculosis care
- Poster 8: Secular trends in hepatitis C incidence in people living with HIV: analysis from a MSF cohort in Manipur, India
- Poster 9: Acceptability and feasibility of HPV vaccination among adolescent girls and young women living with HIV in rural Zimbabwe: prospective cohort
- Poster 10: Case-area targeted interventions for cholera control: experience from the tail of a cholera outbreak, Kribi, Cameroon
- Poster 11: Evaluation of the Optimising Malnutrition treatment (OptiMA) strategy amongst severely wasted children aged 6-59 months: randomized trial, Democratic Republic of Congo
- Poster 12: Provision of safe abortion care: a multicentre, mixed-methods analysis, MSF OCB 2018-2020
- Poster 13: Respiratory health in the Syrian conflict: findings from a scoping review and analysis of routinely collected data from Syrian American Medical Society facilities
- Poster 14: Evaluating the direct and indirect effects of Covid-19 on morbidity and mortality in MSF projects: time-series analysis using routine health facility data
- Poster 15: Preventing injury risks and improving work safety amongst factory workers in urban Bangladesh: participatory before-and-after intervention study
- Poster 16: What happened next? Impact analysis of presentations from MSF Scientific Days 2020
Other MSF Scientific Days events
MSF Scientific Days events will also take place in 2021 in Asia, Latin America and Southern Africa.
MSF Scientific Days Asia will take place online on 25th and 26th August. You can register to attend and find out more here.
Submit your research and innovation
MSF Scientific Days welcomes the submission of research and innovation projects from across MSF, as well as from external organisations with research directly applicable to, and connected with, MSF. It is also possible for applicants to showcase their research in poster/video form or as a demonstration. All applications, including for posters and demonstrations, are submitted via the same abstract submission process.
The submission window for MSF Scientific Days 2021 is now closed. The abstract system will reopen in September 2021 for submissions to MSF Scientific Days 2022.
Submissions are only acceptable where ethics have been properly considered. Please read carefully how to apply ethical considerations to your research or innovation projects and when to seek further advice.
If you require any further information about MSF Scientific Days please contact us.
All of the presentations, slides and posters from MSF Scientific Days International (London) 2020 are now available in our online archive:
- View the Medical Research Day interactive agenda
- View the Innovation Day interactive agenda
- You can also read poems inspired by MSF Scientific Days 2020 by our resident conference poet, Mr Gee
The agenda at MSF Scientific Days International 2019 included sessions on ‘Taking Refuge in the City: The Humanitarian Response to Urban Crises’ and ‘Failing Interventions, Resistant Bugs’. All of the session videos and accompanying slides can also easily be accessed via the interactive online agenda.
As part of our commitment to catalyse improvements in best healthcare practice we make our research publicly available. Videos, slides, abstracts and posters from previous Scientific Days are available in our research archive